There are many names through which a false ceiling is popular among mass. Such types of ceilings are the ultimate thing to modernize homes. Not only homes but such kind of ceilings reflects a sense of sophistication in offices and business residential. It is also known as dropped ceiling for its nature of installation. Few things are kept in mind while installation of false ceilings and you must consult an interior decorator to know if your room is suitable for a false ceiling.
● If you are a resident of old buildings of Kolkata, these ceilings are best for you. Usually old style buildings have high ceilings. Along with that the electrical lines are attached inside a pipe that remains open to mar the look of the room. Thus ceiling renovations is popular in the sector of interior designing in Kolkata.
● Some rooms are just under the roof and absorb a lot of heat. Any change in the weather affects the temperature of the room. To avoid this to some extent you can install a false ceiling as it will prevent the room to get the direct heat or cold.
● These kinds of room require special expertise and tools. Thus it’s better to appoint a specialist team. They will measure the walls and detect the structure of the house to understand what kind of false ceilings will suit the room.
● In case you want a room for musical rehearsals and searching for a soundproof room you need to get a room with false ceilings. Interior designing companies suggests that these are perfect sound absorbent.
● For designing and adding some artistic definition to the ceiling false ceilings are great. You can choose a designed ceiling along the border. It will not cover the entire ceiling of the room but only beautify the borders by outlining.
● Modern offices of Kolkata opt for false ceilings for their smart look. The lighting fixtures are placed behind and the electrical lines get covered up without distorting the look of the office. Spot lights are fixed to maintain the ambience of the office.
● The cost of installation of these ceilings is much cheaper than renovating an entire ceiling. House planners thus choose this easy option when they want a cheaper way of renovation of ceilings.
● As the ceilings are easy to install it becomes easy for you when you think of renovating any part of the ceiling. The panels are set in a suspended manner and can be removed to get your work done easily.
● These are the types of ceilings that are very much preferred by designers who love creativity and colors. The variety one gets in false ceilings is varied and meets the requirements. The love for colors is different for each client and thus these ceilings do not fail to disappoint anyone with its variety.
There are few disadvantages of false ceilings for it is less durable nature. It does not have the capacity to withstand earthquakes for its hanging nature. Sometimes wrong choices of false ceilings can reduce the height of the room. Thus expert advice is a requirement before the final choice.